Treatments for Snoring
With so many snoring treatment options available, you don’t need to feel tired all the time anymore. Your ENT specialist at Cleveland ENT & Physician Hearing Centers will be able to order the proper tests to diagnose any underlying conditions associated with your problem and will be able to prescribe the most appropriate treatment options for you. The sooner you make your appointment, the sooner you will be on your way to a solution and a healthy, restful night’s sleep.
There Are Many Treatment Options for Snoring.
Here are a few snoring treatments that the ENT doctors at Cleveland ENT & Physician Hearing Centers may consider.
- CPAP – Continuous Positive Airway Pressure is a fancy name for a simple mask attached to a pump. Using the CPAP machine allows the wearer to sleep normally while the forced air keeps their airways open. While this is a very effective treatment, some people find it uncomfortable to wear a mask while trying to sleep.
- Pillar procedure – During this fairly simple procedure, a doctor injects strands of polyester filament into the soft palate area. The strands stiffen the soft palate so it is less likely to sag into the airway and vibrate.
- Somnoplasty – This outpatient procedure is usually performed under local anesthesia. Using low-intensity radio waves, a doctor can shrink the excess tissue in the soft palate area.
- Traditional surgery – The Mayo Clinic refers to this surgery as a “facelift for your throat.” During the procedure, while you are under general anesthesia, your doctor will remove and tighten the excess tissue in your throat that is causing you to snore. While this procedure is very effective, it does have, as with any surgery, side effects. These include pain, bleeding, and the risk of infection.
- Laser surgery – Laser surgery also removes excess throat tissue, but the doctor uses a hand-held laser instead of a scalpel. This surgery has the benefit of being an outpatient procedure, though more than one session may be required to reach the desired effects.
Discover what snoring treatment is right for you. Call or Text Us