Developing a disciplined workout routine does wonders for our health, but it can be challenging to remain inspired before and during the workout.
Let’s face it, the act of working out itself is usually not enjoyable. We do it predominantly for the results and future health benefits, but it can be tough to overcome the stress and pain of the actual exercises.
That’s why the majority of people look for ways to take their minds off the actual work, commonly by listening to music.
Music not only affords a diversion but also produces the inspiration and stimulation needed to maximize effort. You might not feel like hitting the gym today, but put on your best music and suddenly you’re energized and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be helpful for individuals with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aids, you can stream your favorite music directly from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any cables getting in the way.
As an alternative, if you’re in the learning state of mind, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or internet based courses, developing both your mental and physical health at the same time.
Have an exercise partner instead?
The latest hearing aid models, equipped with directional microphones, focus on and boost speech while curbing background noise, making it easier to maintain a conversation with your partner in a fast paced gym.
For all these reasons hearing aids are essential gym equipment, but you may be wary of potential damage to the device from perspiration and moisture.
While most hearing aid models are resistant against dirt and wetness to some extent, there are a few accessories you can use to preserve your hearing aids at the gym.
Consider investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, securing them from sweat and grime.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to avoid damage or loss if your hearing aids become inadvertently dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – retaining an extra pair on hand assures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids post-workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) remove moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) supply a safe place for storage overnight.
With a little planning, you can securely enjoy all the advantages of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to learn more about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!